All parents are invited to the Cameron Parent Advisory Council meeting on Tuesday, November 14 at 7:00pm in the school staff room. Please consider attending to help us plan events, fundraising, and purchases.
The agenda is now available on the Minutes & Agendas page.
Please join us for the October PAC meeting at 7:00pm on Tuesday, October 10 to find out about the Vancity Youth Credit Union at Cameron from special guest Grace Yule, Vancity’s Youth Credit Union Coordinator.
The meeting agenda is available on the Minutes & Agendas page.
The Cameron Parent Advisory Council (PAC) welcomes all new and returning students, families, teachers, and staff to the new school year at Cameron.
The PAC represents parents and guardians and provides input to the school and the district about any aspect of education. The PAC encourages parent involvement in the school and provides a forum for discussion of issues related to education. See About the PAC for more info.
什么是PAC？ | 什麽是PAC？ | 학부모 자문위원회란? (Translated info here.)
What does the PAC do?
Last year, we raised funds and contributed at least $9000 to the school by purchasing classroom resources, science kits, Cameron Cubs jerseys, portable projectors, library book, and music equipment, as well as transportation and snacks for school field trips and events. We also host a number of school community events during the year, such as the Welcome Back coffees and BBQ, Multicultural Dinner, Pancake Breakfast, and Staff Appreciation.
We need parent support to continue doing these things!
Without your help, we won’t be able to continue to contribute these things to the school community. The PAC welcomes all volunteers–we have one-time and ongoing opportunities, and roles that can accommodate any schedule. Visit the Get Involved page and watch for notices for current opportunities, and email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our volunteer email list.
The minutes from our final Parent Advisory Council meeting of the year are now available on the Minutes & Agendas page. These minutes include our finalized 2016-2017 budget, as well as our planned budget for 2017-2018.
The agenda for our last meeting of the year, on Tuesday, June 13 (7:00-9:00pm), is now available on the Minutes & Agendas page. Minutes from the May 11 AGM are also available.
All parents are members of the PAC and are welcome to join us on June 13 to find out what your Parent Advisory Council accomplished this year, and what we have planned for next year – and to bring us your ideas!
The Cameron Parent Advisory Council held its Annual General Meeting and elections on Thursday, May 11 – thank you to those of you who were able to attend! If you were unable to attend, minutes will be available soon on the Minutes & Agendas page.
The Agenda for this Thursday’s AGM is now available on the Minutes & Agendas page.
Please join us this Thursday for a review of our accomplishments this year, including events, fundraisers, and purchases for the school–plus a presentation on Anxiety in Children by Registered Clinical Counsellor Liliana Cortes. And finally, please consider putting your name forward for an executive position in our annual election, which will also be held at the AGM.
The event is FREE but you must register through Eventbrite.
We are excited to be able to show our teachers and staff how much we appreciate them with a luncheon on Wednesday, May 17. We still need volunteers, donations, and food dishes to make this event a success. Please return the notice that came home, or contact email@example.com if you can help out!
The theme of the luncheon is travel, so let’s make our teachers and staff feel appreciated and relaxed!
Our PAC Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday, May 11 (7:00-9:00pm) in the school library. All parents are welcome!
The event is free, but you must register through Eventbrite.
PAC ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AGENDA
- Presentation: Anxiety in Children by Liliana Cortes, MA, RCC – Come learn what anxiety is, how to recognize it, and how it can affect your child’s life and your family life, as well as how to support your child and how to determine if you need to seek help. Liliana will also have time to take a few questions.
- Parent Advisory Council Annual General Meeting:
- PAC Year in Review: We will highlight the events we hosted this year, the fundraising and other projects we took on, and the major purchases we were able to make for the school on behalf of parents.
- PAC Executive Election: Please consider putting your name forward at the AGM for a position on the 2017-2018 PAC executive! See below for position descriptions, and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
PARENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR 2017-2018
Are you good with words? Numbers? People? Technology? We would love for you to bring those skills to the Parent Advisory Council! Please consider putting your name forward for election to an executive position. Not all of these positions are very time-consuming – there are a variety of levels of commitment, and many positions can be shared by 2 people.
- The Chairperson presides at all meetings, prepares and distributes the agenda, and is the official spokesperson for the PAC.
- The Vice-Chairperson is familiar with the Chairperson’s responsibilities and will assume their responsibilities in case of absence, presides over the Annual General Meeting, and accepts other duties as required.
- The Secretary records minutes of all meetings, handles correspondence, and keeps all PAC records.
- The Treasurer ensures PAC funds are properly accounted for, maintains financial records and books of account, reports on funds received and spent at each meeting, and drafts the annual budget.
- The District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) Representative attends all Burnaby DPAC meetings to represent and vote on behalf of the PAC, reports to the executive and membership about DPAC matters, and liaises with other parents and DPAC Representatives.
- The Fundraising Coordinator develops a fundraising plan for the year, organizes fundraising events and campaigns, works with the treasurer to ensure incoming funds are handled appropriately, and reports on fundraising plans and amounts raised at each meeting.
- The Social Coordinator organizes social (non-fundraising) events for the school community, plans events, reports on event planning at each meeting, and recruits and communicates with parent volunteers.
- Members-at-Large serve in a capacity determined by the PAC. At the moment we have two member-at-large positions: Special Projects Coordinator (responsible for the recent Greening Project and grant applications for similar projects) and Emergency Preparedness Coordinator (responsible for ensuring emergency supplies are stocked and communicating with staff about these resources). We would also like to add the position of Communications Coordinator (responsible for maintaining the PAC website (www.cameronpac.ca), the monthly PAC newsletter, our bulletin board in the school’s front hallway, and other promotion of PAC activities).