Volunteering is a great way to be involved in the school community. Cameron PAC is always looking for volunteers. If you are interested in getting involved, let us know. There are many different opportunities, including both one-time and ongoing tasks, during school hours and on evenings or weekends. We can’t provide the events, supplies, or equipment that benefit all of our kids without volunteer help.
If you have a specific interest or skill and would like to volunteer your time, please let us know – we will try to find a good fit!
Please print and fill out this form, and return it to the school any time, to be added to our email list.
Staff Appreciation – May 23
Executive positions for 2018-2019
- The Chairperson presides at all meetings, prepares and distributes the agenda, and is the official spokesperson for the PAC.
- The Vice-Chairperson assists the Chairperson and will assume their responsibilities in case of absence, presides over the Annual General Meeting, and accepts other duties as required.
- The Secretary records minutes of all meetings, handles correspondence, and keeps all PAC records.
- The Treasurer ensures PAC funds are properly accounted for, maintains financial records and books of account, reports on funds received and spent at each meeting, and drafts the annual budget.
- The District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) Representative attends all Burnaby DPAC meetings to represent and vote on behalf of the PAC, reports to the executive and membership about DPAC matters, and liaises with other parents and DPAC Representatives.
- The Fundraising Coordinator develops a fundraising plan for the year, organizes fundraising events and campaigns, works with the treasurer to ensure incoming funds are handled appropriately, and reports on fundraising plans and amounts raised at each meeting.
- The Social Coordinator organizes social (non-fundraising) events for the school community, plans events, reports on event planning at each meeting, and recruits and communicates with parent volunteers.
- Members-at-Large serve in a capacity determined by the PAC as needed. We are hoping to have three member-at-large positions: Special Projects Coordinator (responsible for the recent Greening Project and grant applications for similar projects); Emergency Preparedness Coordinator (responsible for ensuring emergency supplies are stocked and communicating with staff about these resources); and Communications Coordinator (responsible for managing this website and creating monthly newsletters for parents).
All parents/guardians of Cameron students are eligible to serve on the PAC executive, except employees or elected officials of School District 41 or the BC Ministry of Education. Executives are expected to attend our monthly meetings (currently the 2nd Tuesday of each month, 7-9pm, in the school staff room, but we will consult the new executive in September to determine a schedule that works best for everyone).
Do you have a skill or interest that might help the PAC with administration, fundraising, event planning, or communications? Whether you have an hour a week, an hour a month, or just a few hours a year, if you’re willing and able to help we can definitely find a way for you to be involved! Please fill out our volunteer form and return it to the school office, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know how you might like to work with us!
Volunteer Email List
We email upcoming volunteer opportunities about once a month. To be added to the volunteer email list, please email email@example.com.
We will not send spam or share your email address, and you can email to be removed at any time.